To enter the State of Worship, it starts with “Right Attitude, before anything and that is an attitude of “Absolute Humility – heart, mind, and spirit”. In other words, if you are not humble you cannot please God and you cannot Praise or Worship or Give Thanks. We are worshiping the God who raised Lazarus, who was dead for 4 days, again from Bethany (John 11) and to understand about going in front of God with humility,we should think of Mary of Bethany,who poured expensive perfume on Jesus’ feet and wiped it with her hair (John 12:1-8).
God, Truth, Holy Spirit & Our Inheritance
As Paul says in Ephesians 1:13-14, “And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession – to the praise of his glory”.
- In the final stage of the journey in worship, the constant worship state becomes “the worshipper”. (Example - Revelation angels sing “holy, holy” - 24/7/365).
- Worship is a lifestyle - Anywhere and Anytime. What really matters is our heart and our closeness to him.
- Worship is not falling in love, but being in love and experiencing the divine, through the HOLY spirit (John 4. Spirit & Truth & Life).
- Worship is intimacy and fellowship with God through Christ.
- Worship is a “Christ-centric” living (I am the way the Truth and Life) through faith we capture father’s attention, by believing the truth in Christ.
- Worship is understanding that through Grace of God, we are connected to a higher source of power, through the Holy Spirit in us.
- Worship is knowing our position (Royalty & Son-ship) through Christ.
- Worship is not a ritual, but like a phone call, we make to our earthly father, to see how HE is, not about, what we can GET from Him.
- Worship is acknowledging our connection towards His Mercy & Grace & Goodness. Over time, His attributes rub into out character and we become transformed into His likeness. As we have been created in His image, so we go back into our original state.
- Worship is not about singing & dancing or making a noise…....it’s about our hearts communicating with God’s heart (and spirit) and we become one through the Holy Spirit. We rejoice in His goodness, out of the excitement of our spirit, we capture a glimpse of His Glory through His goodness and faithfulness.
- Worship is a spiritual encounter to know God. We can only achieve by humbling ourselves by putting everything else behind us (Put God first, not our daily routine)
- Finally, worship is not about, being in the good books of God for that few minutes and then go back to our old self, but being in his presence24/7/365 and having a clear conscious mind-set (Christ mind). This state of mind can be achieved, not going to the Himalayas or being inside a box or meditation ...but being in the real world (and in the society) and standing out by wearing godliness through Grace in Christ.
Praise & Worship Alone Is A Prayer
- Go in front of God by humbling yourself & assuming we are all sinners (as per scripture) and accepting we are weak and unworthy.
- Praise with your Heart - You go before the Eternal God with a mind that is completely empty, the heart that is there to connect, a mind that is eager to hear His thoughts, a mouth that praises from the heart and nothing else.
- Worship with your Heart & Mind – Nothing exists in this world, when you worship, except God and you, that is how you go in front of God.
- PRAISE – The Right Mind-set & Heart is the Key
- Praying, by already believing in God’s Faithfulness, knowing God’s heart is the key to Relationship, “how much we know God” (God knows everything about us).
- God has granted us all into the lineage of Abraham (scripture).
- Praise means, just praising God with all your heart and mind and spirit of absolute humility, e.g. Sarah praises God.
- Worship is glorifying God……glorifying the Eternal, All-Knowing, Omnipresent God, YOUR Creator with obedience and faithfulness in words, thoughts, and actions.
- Thanksgiving is going in front of God, as if the prayers have been answered by God and that thanking attitude is the knowledge of God and thanking also represents, an extension of our faith in God.